Tuesday 2 October 2012

Week 2: Honours Project


Meeting 2

    • Dr John helped refine my dissertation question (Focus on AGILE)
    • Tasks were issued for the next week - ie. Work on with the project
    • Dr John suggested that we send him blog updates of the work
    • The documentation that Mark wants done shall be in the coming weeks  

    Picture
    What a day it's been! A lot more has been accomplished during week 2 than I thought was possible at the beginning of it ...

    For one the Ipad screen scaling issue was rectified on Monday.
    I have been making progress with the ipad screen scaling - thanks to Jof; Jonathan Traynor - lending me his Ipad for testing during Mondays lunch(and testing my files at his home when back from work - Thanks Mate!).

    The tests of all 9 test files failed to fix a problem I had of not fitting the ipad screen dimensions. A lot of research and trying to understand the css/javascript and their usefulness later, I eventually thought of something which would enable the screen to set a max and min scale property. Urika! On Monday when Jof loaded it up it worked: It had scaled the HTML5 canvas to the ipad screen!

    See it below in all it's glory...
    Picture

    On Sunday  I tried to get the physics module working within the game (it was doing horrible wacky nonsense with the menu and twirling it around despite it having no physics code assigned to it).
    Nevertheless I was able to disable it and can now work on getting the screens to display correctly as having done this to the code, it's somehow not displaying the background properly - a hopefully minor repercussion of the fix

    So yeah, that seems to be it for week 1 and the 28% of my second week! I plan to get the game screen back to it's original functionality and work onto get a small platform game framework accessible via the menu. Meanwhile I want to start some more research and quoting for the dissertation - I've already got some points from papers but as John said today, I should have plenty on Agile software development and lots of research to do on the subject. 

    I shall be keeping a record of daily procedures, abiding to the agile manifesto for my project, on my dropbox and shall account for what I have done since in my next blog posting .. 

    My dissertation question now reads for the moment as -

    "What are issues of Agile software development when creating a HTML5 game that is hosted online: The case of Ipad2 & the Pulse game engine"

    No comments:

    Post a Comment