Wednesday 17 October 2012

Week 4: Honours Project


Meeting 4

    • The literature review should be the focus on the following week
    • I have completed my specification form and Dr John has checked it over 
    • I should think about assessing the game and what people want to play
    • The jobs fair was very interesting and particularly useful

    I had a lot of work to do this week for other modules which sort of took precedence during the week. I started my literature review and have constructed my dissertation which I can work on and get some chapters done - hopefully this week! 

    I went to the library to get some books from Paisleys library just to see what they had. They had some but nothing more than I expect from what Dr John said about them being not that recent. 


    1. Cockburn, Alistair; (2002) “Agile software development”, Addison-Wesley
    2. Larman, Craig; (2004) “Agile & Iterative development: A manager’s guide”, Addison-Wesley
    3. Highsmith, Jim; (2004) “Agile project management”; Addison-Wesley
    4. Ambler, Scott W.; (2002) “Agile modelling: Effective practises for extreme programming and the unified process; John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York
    5. Coplien O. James Et al; (2005) “Organizational Patterns of agile software development”; Pearson Prentice Hall
    Alistair Cockburn and Jim Highsmith were part of the construction of the manifesto way back when it was written in 2001. 
    I am hoping that I will have time this week (if not at the weekend) to visit Cale/Starthyclyde/Glasgow as I got my library card with the weird name .. Sconul! so I should be able to get more authors and materials for the coming weeks.


    I plan also to start on the actual game element soon (Nb. The gant chart is just a guide: not part of the development - a mere graphical diary to let me know if I think i'm not doing enough or I'm on track for personal deadlines) I have drafted a few screens of the introduction to the game below. Images shall chance





    No comments:

    Post a Comment