Friday 8 February 2013

Friday development



I decided to improve on the design of the end game sequence first before starting anything today - merely because I was in the creative art mood. That's a particular aspect of working singularly in an agile framework: while agile encourages knowledge sharing and working together with each others skills, in a single team it is up to the person to choose what is the next ingredient to add to the project - priority tasks obviously take place first of course, but the flexibility actually does empower the workforce (me).


I also meant to record on the blog that  few weeks ago I searched for some free web edit tool for art (similar to photoshop or aftereffects, both of which I am familiar) I found this site Pixlr. http://pixlr.com/express/ It has served my art well as it has added what I think as the spice that I promised in my original spec - to provide a richly detailed, vibrant game that is visually pleasing. In a traditional linear approach, getting new software onboard would be troublesome: yet another benefit of agile.



> Good lot of coding done in the space of an hour or so. The code is a variation of another part of the coding I have already done so it should work alright. Now, to test it!





Still to accomplish these features >
* Code levels logic - speed of bg scroll, enemies and objects, spacing etc
* put in end door for chamber finish
* Coding logic for back to menu and next chamber next button logic
* Tidy up 





19:10
' The functions for blue and red magic are now working! Now to set the exit door for the end of chamber 1, set up the well done screen then code the level logic for a next level 


No comments:

Post a Comment