Tuesday 5 February 2013

More work on the game



Still to accomplish these features >
Code hp collision logic (simple variable)
* Create tutorial screen for playing the game
Create sound 
End game sequence
* and add sound?
* Code the red/blue magic attack 
* Code levels logic - speed of bg scroll, enemies and objects, spacing etc
* Code end game (with skip and next button code)


Tutorial screen



I had a few problems the sound when I tried it on the tablet. It would not work. The browser failed to load the game a number of times which was worrying. 

I decided that risks should be assessed again. I have got over a week to get it done. More than enough time tonight to resolve the issue (what ever it would be) so I pressed on.
I decided to create a version without the sound code. It didn't work. I then assessed if the host site dropbox may have been down for maintenance but it wasn't. The code utualises the hmtl5 sound player which my have been unable to be processed quickly enough.

I then put a version on the actual device which works. Since giving it a bit of time to sync with dropbox, I tried it again and it worked on the browser with the sound. Dropbox has done this a couple of times when heavy code is saved to it. I believe that this is all that was wrong as it works fine now.


> Good design prompted even good code design - I was able to eliminate a section of code which was duplication.


No comments:

Post a Comment