Thursday 24 January 2013

Health bar working

I tinkered and fought with the coding of the spritesheet animation but couldn't get it coded efficiently enough:

In order to create a nextFrame illusion I had to create all different frames as new animations which wasn't coded well and wasn't reliable either.. (too many instances in the hp class)

I have since changed this so that a texture of the hpGems is re-used code in different sprites which allows me to set the visiblility of them easily instead of creating a huge spritesheet file  - It worked out well actually with some persistence. I also decided that the player should have 6 chances instead of 8 to add a bit of difficulty to the game.


Now, I will continue with the features planned the other day. Since then I have created storyboards to highlight what features should be grouped together.



No comments:

Post a Comment