Friday 18 January 2013

New screens are done.



I had been contemplating for a while whether to get someone else to do the art work that was more skilled than myself so I could work on with other parts of the project but decided that I would have enough time to complete this task - and it turns out I did!

One draw back of trying to get someone on board at this time in the uni year is the workload. No-one has any time to spare. Nonetheless, I was able to communicate with a few folk and tell them of my plan for the game; but as I said workload plays a part in the 'No can do answers'. Since there seemed like no time to waste I decided it would be best if I done them.


I will post up my final results at the end of the working day ( seems to be about 11/12/1/2 until 9/10/11 which is a good 7-9 hours so far since Wednesday which appears to be working as I am getting a lot of work becoming functional, organised and enhanced - which is exactly what agile promises  - robust, quality software completed on time in a flexible way for the workforce to handle effectively.


18:30
I have done a unit test to ensure that the animation will work in the main game file. It took me a while to figure out how to code the frame setup but I got there in the end.



The programming addenda for the following sprint week is as follows >

* The run animation for the player 
The game code design and revamp of the story introduction 
* redesign of the button layout for the screen 
redrawn slides for the introduction of the game + skip function 
* Enemy sprites - Obstacles such as boulders, footmen of anubis, chamber wall chunks, 
* Setting up the attack functionality
* Left and right involvement in the gameplay 
* Sound 
* End sequence


Tomorrow

Collision detection - again another new part of the learning. I reckon I know what to do but - simply checking if 
if player.x == guard.x; then a variable is set to true, the HP HUD reduces by one and the game play continues until dead


No comments:

Post a Comment